Platformer is a self-contained game solution for Windows, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone 7 that includes both game code and game assets. The game is a standard 2D platformer with levels, enemies, and collectable gems.
This game, while functional, leaves room for expansion. Several non-essential features and systems aren't finished. This makes it easier and quicker to understand the structure of the game, and how the pieces fit together to provide a rich gaming experience.
Platformer includes the following features:
- Cross-platform support for Windows, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone 7.
- Control of the player character by using the keyboard or gamepad, or the accelerometer and touch on Windows Phone 7.
- Simple physics modeling (falling and jumping) and dynamic collision checking.
- Production-level sprite sheets, sound effects, and other game assets.
- High- and low-resolution assets, and an additional content project containing audio assets.
Robot Foot Games Tutorials
- A Level Editor For Your Game!
- Movable Platforms
- Adding a Gun
- Double Jump
- Adding Ladders
- Saving/ Loading on Xbox 360 (3.1)
- Adding Lives to PSK
- Checkpoint Tutorial
- Save Player's Position (PC)
- Field of View for Enemies
- Adding Melee
Check out this tutorial here on how to add the platformer starter kit to the network game state management sample.