Wednesday, January 9, 2019

61.) Spine 3.7 has Launched!


      Spine 3.7 released bringing many new features, improvements and bug fixes along with its launch! Created by Esoteric Software, Spine is a 2D animation software with runtimes available for several popular game engines such as Unity and Unreal. Some of its new features include Audio support, GIF and APNG export improvements and a new C++ based runtime. If you are using XNA and or MonoGame, Gareth Williams has developed a solution that combines the Spine XNA runtime with a tile engine to create a simple platformer. Also, check out another XNA extension of the Spine Runtime and supporting objects created by Fit Games. Fit Games also has a MonoGame Spine Pipeline, which is a content processor for Spine project files as well.

       The end of 2018 came to a rough close for me, but I was beyond excited when Esoteric Software surprised everyone with a small gift which helped to replace the sadness in my heart. They released the Spine Web Player! Back in May of 2017, I came across a brief YouTube tutorial which covered a simple way to implement spine animations on your website to showcase them. With the help of this tutorial and the launch of the Spine Web Player, I was ecstatic! My mind immediately started flooding with ideas to share my 2D animations with coworkers and friends, as well as ways to improve the look of my other websites. You can see an example of the web player in action below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment