Monday, May 8, 2017

48. CodePlex is Shutting Down (*Updated*)

     

       CodePlex is shutting down after nearly 11 years since it launched in 2006. This is sad news for me because a tremendous amount of XNA resources are found on CodePlex and many of my links on my XNA Survival Kit page references to them. I was also able to convert some projects over to MonoGame. So now, I will be working on moving the kit’s links over to my studio’s Indie DB downloads page along with many others. For developers utilizing CodePlex, the news is not entirely bad since many open source projects being shared have migrated over to GitHub. CodePlex has migrated over to GitHub as well. CodePlex will be shutting down completely on December 15, 2017; so I don’t have a lot of time left to gather as much resources as I need from the site. You can find more information here in this blog post.


Important Update (6/10/2018): CodePlex had been archived into a read-only, lightweight website. So you can browse published projects, documentation, issues, and discussions, as of when CodePlex went read-only. You can also download a project's contents, including the source code and licenses.


No comments:

Post a Comment