Tuesday, May 29, 2018

56.) The Xbox Live Indie Games App Hub Website Is Shut Down


       These have been both some awesome yet sad days. The App Hub Website is no longer up. This is sad for me because it essentially contained the Community Forums. There are fragments of the App Hub website at archive.org. Just to be clear, the community forums is not to be confused with the app hub samples. The forums contained a long history of tips, resources, questions and answers to those questions developers shared. Many programming problems developers encounter with MonoGame have already been resolved just by browsing through these forums from the past. That's years of research and solutions that would be going to waste; especially since it would be highly beneficial to developers using MonoGame. I was almost finished gathering everything I needed from the community forums on the App Hub website to help me with my research. It’s sad to see it go. 



      

No comments:

Post a Comment