Wednesday, April 5, 2017

47. Art Assets, Projects & More Updates


      Lately, I have been working on quite a bit so in this next blog post, I thought I'd share. Currently I am working on selling T-shirts and creating my online shop. Who is ready for Steel Wear?!! I've also been creating more armor pieces and helmets for character customization. . 


Buzz Lightyear
      The first three screenshots below were captured in-game. This particular set of armor is inspired from Buzz Lightyear, however it is not actually Buzz Lightyear. A simple lighting effect was applied to the light sky-blue ares of the model using the BasicEffect in XNA and MonoGame to make it appear glowing.













Back Bottom View





Futuristic Medieval Helmet 






Desert Tank Train


Custom Indy Car Concept
















The steering wheel was modeled after my Xbox 360 Race Wheel Accessory.
I am working on the racing wheel's controls for when the player drives especially in
first-person perspective. 


To get some idea of how to setup the controls for my game project,
I had some fun trying out the wheel playing some Midnight Club Los Angeles.
The was an excellent reference. 



Indy Car Monster Truck Concept


F1 Hot Rod Concept
      Below are some work-in-progress screenshots of my F1 Hot Rod 3D model. I drew inspiration from the Beck Kustoms F132 hot rod which is also playable in Need for Speed 2015. This model I made has my own touch to it. The spoiler is mounted to twin mini-jet engines in the back. The tires came from one of my 3D monster truck models.










Concept Monster Buggy Rover 





Concept Moon Buggy Rover











    

Grave Digger
      Below are some screenshots of the monster truck Grave Digger in which I modeled just for fun as fan art. I used the rollcage of one of my earlier 3D monster truck models as the basis. The tire wheels were modeled in SketchUp. I then exported them and imported them into Autodesk Maya 2013 for further touch-up. Then I took pictures of an actual truck tire for texture reference and after creating a UV layout, I then assigned them to a material and applied them to the model. Texturing models has been a long process since I have to find free textures and take pictures for references. To speed things up, I recently acquired a program called Substance Painter. Substance Painter will allow me to paint textures directly on to the model. Its a great program and was used in games such as Horizon Zero Dawn. The textures of the vehicle's body will be removed in-game due to copyright of-course. I will either re-texture the vehicle's body or not give it any.

Bad to the bone for over 30 years..no car is safe against Grave Digger!!!












MonoGame FPS Starter Kit
      Next up is a screenshot of a basic map I am working on for the first-person shooter starter kit in I am creating MonoGame. This was simply an earlier design and just a start. The map will most likely change and evolve over time.  






      This screenshot above is a work-in-progress sniper gun model. The design is inspired by a nerf gun my friends and I had. 



Race Car Starter Kit
       I've been working on a stater kit to help people jump start their race car game. Here are some work-in-progress screenshots below. 






I've made some minor changes to the main website for Steel Cyclone Studios so far. Check it out!

https://www.steelcyclonestudios.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment